LPM 201 – LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
- Prelusion-Significance of livestock and poultry in Indian economy-Livestock and Poultry census – role of livestock and poultry in Indian agriculture.
- Various systems of livestock production-extensive – semi intensive- intensive mixed.
- Integrated Farming systems- Role of Livestock and Poultry, manure management methods, Duck/Fish/Rice Culture.
- Definition of breed-classification of indigenous, exotic cattle and buffaloes – Breed characteristics of Sindhi, Kangayam and Umblacherry, Jersey, Holstein Friesian, Murrah and Surti.
- Breeding- importance of cross breeding. Signs of estrous cycle-Artificial insemination merits and demerits.
- Housing management-farm site selection-space requirement for calves, heifer, milch animal and work bullocks-Type design of house.
- Systems of housing-Single row system-Double row system- head to head and tail to tail-merits and demerits.
- Care and management of new born calf and heifers.
- Care and management of pregnant, lactating animals and work bullocks.
- Milk-Definition – clean milk production-methods of milking – hand and machine milking. Preservatives and common adulterants of milk.
- Processing of milk-Cooling-Pasteurization-Definition-Various methods-Low Temperature Long Time, High Temperature Short Time and Ultra High Temperature-advantages and disadvantages.
- Nutrition-Definition-Ration-Balanced ration-Desirable characteristics of a ration.
- Requirement and importance of green fodder, carrying capacity and forage cycle.
- Diseases-classification-viral, bacterial and metabolic-General control and preventive measures.
- Viral diseases- Foot and Mouth- Bacterial diseaseanthrax, haemorrhagic septicemia and Black quarter- Metabolic- Tympanites, Ketosis and Milk fever. Mastitis and its control, Foot and Mouth Disease.
- Zoonotic diseases – prevention and control (Anthrax, Tuberculosis, Brucellosis, and Rabies)
- Sheep and Goat Farming –Classification of Breeds of Indian and exotic origin-nomenclature alone.
- Systems of rearing-Housing management- Type design- Floor diagram-Space Requirement for adult and young stock.
- Care and management of ram, ewe and lamb- Nutrition Feeds and fodder for small Ruminants.
- Care and Management of Buck, DOE and kid- Nutrition Flushing.
- Common ailments of sheep and goat-Sheep pox-Foot and Mouth-Blue tongue- Enterotoxaemia – Ecto and Endo parasites.
- Swine Husbandry –Common breeds of exotic origin-nomenclature alone housing of pigs.
- Care and management of Sow, Boar and Piglets-Nutrition- Creep feeding. Control and prevention of swine diseases –Hog cholera, Foot and mouth, Ecto and Endoparasites.
- Classification of poultry viz. layer, broiler and dual purpose- Nomenclature of commercial layer and broiler strains.
- Care and management of day old chicks-Brooder management.
- Systems of housing- Deep litter and cage systems – merits and demerits.
- Raised Platform housing- Floor space Requirement- Litter Management.
- Care and management of layers.
- Care and management of broilers.
- Poultry Nutrition-Feed formulation-composition of chick mash grower, layer, broiler starter and finisher mashes.
- Feed Conversion Ratio / dozen eggs or kilogram of meat. Marketing channels in poultry-Integration.
- Classification of Poultry diseases-Viral-Bacterial-Protozoan- causative organisms, symptoms and prevention – Viral diseases – Ranikhet disease – Infectious bursal disease.
- Bacterial diseases-E.coli-Coryza-Salmonellosis-Protozoan–Coccidiosis casuative organism – symptoms and preventive measures. Nutritional deficiency diseases and its control.
If you are facing any Problem than fill form Contact Us
If you want share any article related Agriculture with us than send at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact detail.
49,301 total views, 18 views today